This Is For Lovers Running Away

Let's keep this short'n'sweet. I'm Jess, and this is my pop culture blog. Feel free to contribute. All spammer comments end up in the bin. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Flashback

It has just occured to me that seven years ago today I went to my first music festival. It was the Vans Warped Tour '98, and I was 16. I didn't know most of the bands (except Die Toten Hosen, H-Blockx and maybe Bad Religion), but it was fun. My friend & I stayed there all day, I was being my shy self at first, i.e. I didn't jump around, dance like a maniac like the others. But a few hours later I finally lost myself in the music and I behaved like the rest of the crazy bunch. The only thind I avoided were the stage divers; I was too scared I wouldn't be able to support them. lol
Anyway, it was a great day. Lots of punk and rock'n'roll. A 'rock star' who screamed 'rock'n'roll in several octaves (very flat), the band who did the song for the old Solero ice cream advert, and a good friend beside me. It was quite cold outside, but all the jumping kept us warm. Too warm in fact.
About 2-3 years ago I actually found the that year's Vans Warped Tour CD in a shop that was about to close down. I was a very happy bunny. Favourite track: Pachuco!

Oi Oi Oi!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mushster said...

Sheesh, you're getting a lot of spam.

I'd never been to one till I took the kiddo a few years ago for her birthday. We had a ball.

The first concert I ever saw though was Chicago. Hmmm, although I guess I didn't really see much of it lol.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Well, they didn't read the 'spam will be deleted' thing I guess. :P

Why didn't you see much at the Chicago concert?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Mushster said...

Because I was hmm lemme think, 15 I think and there was a group of cute guys at the back teehee.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

oh la laaaaaaaaaa that explains it

did u get to talk to them? :D

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mushster said...

Talk? I got to smooch em lol, my bad ;)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

ALL of them?

sheesh :p

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mushster said...

haha no, only one :)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home