This Is For Lovers Running Away

Let's keep this short'n'sweet. I'm Jess, and this is my pop culture blog. Feel free to contribute. All spammer comments end up in the bin. Enjoy!

Monday, August 29, 2005

Voice Actors

If you're a successful actor, esp. in Hollywood, people all around the world will know you. You will be followed by paparazzi. The tabloids will have your mug on their covers. Teens will have your posters on their wall etc etc etc.

But what about voice actors? Sure, 'normal' actors can be voice actors. Cameron Diaz did it, Johnny Depp did it, Tim Curry did it. But I'm talking about those who are not seen on screen so much.



My favourite voice actor atm has to be Katie Leigh. It's not that I know her that well, but I looked up her career details on the Internet Movie Database and it seriously impressed me, mainly because I like some of the characters she err 'spoke'.

For instance, she was Sheila in 'Dungeons And Dragons', Sheila was and still is one of my favourite cartoon heroines ever! Also, she was Sunni in 'The Gummi Bears', another character I adored. She also played voice parts in 'Darkwing Duck', 'Camp Candy', 'My Little Pony' and 'Totally Spies'.


I found Katie Leigh's demos on a voice actors website, just so you know what her voice is like. :)

Katie Leigh - Commercial Demo
Katie Leigh - Animation Demo

All hail KL!

You can visit the website of Katie Leigh's fanclub here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mushster said...

Hehe that's cool. Having all those voices would come in handy too for avoiding people over the phone ;)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

haha yeah

looking up all these career profiles makes me want to become a voice actress :P

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919798/

even more impressive, THE voice of Hollywood, apparently...

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home